The deadline expired
Marin Society of Artists’ announces an open call for U.S. artists for its upcoming ‘2017 Open Sculpture Exhibition’, to be on display April 5 through April 30, 2017.
You are invited to submit digital images of up to three (3) of your original works, not previously shown in a Marin Society of Artists juried exhibition. Open only to sculpture art works, including work in ceramics, fiber, glass, metal, paper, plastic, stone and wood. Both traditional and non-traditional, functional and nonfunctional work will be accepted.
First Place: $200
Second Place: $100
Third Place: $ 75
Non-monetary Honorable Mention awards, may be given at Juror’s discretion.
Jeff Owen is a SF Bay area and nationally recognized abstract metal sculptor. His sculptures express the emotions, concepts, dreams, and patterns he sees in life.
Art work size limitation 3D work not to exceed 48″x 48 x 48″; cannot exceed 50 pounds. Waivers can be requested and may or may not be granted.
A non-refundable entry fee will be charged. Maximum of three entries per artist.
- Entry fee for Non-members: $25 for one; $35 for two; $45 for three.
- Entry fee for Marin Society of Artists members: $20 for one; $30 for two; $40 for three.
By submitting work for exhibit, the Exhibitor authorizes MSA to sell such work for the “Show Price” indicated for each work on the entry form. After a sale occurs MSA will reimburse the exhibitor an amount equal to the “Show Price” less 30% commission for MSA members; 40% commission for Non-members.
- Digital entries deadline: Wednesday March 1, by midnight
- Accepted entries posted to website: Friday, March 17, by midnight
- All sculpture to be delivered and installed by the artist: Sunday, April 2, 1 to 4pm; and/or Monday, April 3, 10am to 1pm
- Show opens: Wednesday, April 5
- Celebratory Party: Friday, April 14, 5pm to 9pm
- Show closes: Sunday, April 30 at 4 pm
- Pick up artwork: Sunday, April 30, 4pm to 6pm and/or
- Monday, May 1, 10am to 1pm