Belfast Photo Festival is offering artist’s/photographers the opportunity to exhibit their work in the main Festival gallery alongside some of the biggest names in the field of photography, with a number also having the opportunity to be featured in the arts magazine Abridged. The winners will be eligible for a number of awards, including a cash prize of £1,000.
The theme has been left open to remove any restrictions; submissions must be photographic or lens-based but can include incorporations of other art forms with the photographic medium (i.e. performance, painting, sculpture, music, literature etc).
Individuals and collectives are welcome to apply; individuals should select and enter between two and six photographs from a particular series or body of work AND/OR submit their Photo-book for exhibition by uploading a single PDF (no image limit).
(Note: You can submit both a photo-book and photographs of the same project, but a fee will need to be paid for both. If submitting only a Photo-book and not photographs, it will be your photo-book that will be selected for presentation and not photographic prints for exhibition)
Collectives are also welcome to apply; as a collective, you can submit up to 10 photographs (a £19 submission fee will apply for every 10 images submitted)
All submitting photographers will benefit from:
- Submission review by Photo Industry Professionals
- Opportunities for Immediate Exposure
Between 20 and 40 photographers / artists will benefit from:
- awards and cash prizes (See Awards listed below)
- exhibition exposure at the Festival’s main city centre gallery
- inclusion in the special Festival issue of Abridged Magazine
- long term Festival representation and promotion
- an opportunity to participate in an Instagram Residency
- exhibition alongside some of the biggest photographic names as part of the major photographic event
- publication and inclusion in the Festival programme
- inclusion in the Festivals marketing & PR campaign, which has an estimated reach of 20+ million
- international press exposure
- being seen by a substantial number of visual arts professionals and the media
- dedicated feature on the Festival website and online gallery
A number finalists will be selected to have their work produced by the Festival for exhibition outdoors.
Spotlight Award – £1,000 (e.s.t $1,240 / €1,123)
Years Free RPS Membership – Free membership for one year to the prestigious Royal Photographic Society
Blow Editorial Award – Full editorial presentation in an upcoming issue of Blow photographic magazine (Lucie Award Shortlisted)
Abridged Editorial Award – Presentation in a special Festival issue of Abridged Magazine